These terms establish guidelines on the use of the official social media pages (e.g. Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc.) of the Palmdale Water District (“PWD”). If you have a water emergency or need immediate assistance, please do not report it on the PWD’s official social media pages. To report a water-related emergency, please call 661-947-4114.
The purpose of establishing official social media pages for PWD is to create a limited public forum to (1) disseminate information related to PWD, and (2) for interactive communications and discussions between PWD and members of the public about specific PWD and water related topics. These social media guidelines are also intended to mitigate associated risk from the use of social media.
PWD has an overriding interest in protecting the integrity of the information posted on its official social media pages. Comments and questions are encouraged. However, PWD reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments as discussed below.
By accessing, contributing content to, or otherwise participating in the use of the official social media pages of PWD, the user agrees to the terms found herein.
Any content or comments posted or contributed on the official social media pages may be subject to public disclosure upon request, including personal information of the page’s users and visitors, and its lists of fans, followers, and/or friends. PWD’s official social media sites are subject to the California Public Records Act. For Public Records Act requests, please contact PWD’s Executive Assistant.
Activity on PWD’s official social media pages is subject to all applicable Federal, State, and local laws, regulations and policies. Posts and messages on official social media pages will be retained for a duration of two (2) years.
Comments posted on official social media pages of the PWD will be monitored, and inappropriate content will be removed as soon as possible and without prior notice. PWD’s official social media pages will not be monitored 24/7. PWD reserves the right to remove inappropriate content, including, but not limited to:
- Profane language or content;
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race,
- creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation;
- Sexual content or links to sexual content;
- Content that includes unlawful harassment or threats of violence;
- Comments that are not topically related or are out of context;
- Solicitations of commerce;
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity;
- Posts in violation of any Federal, State, County or local law;
- Comments that contain spam or include links to other sites;
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems;
- Content that violates a legal ownership interest of any other party, such as a copyright or trademark, of any party;
- Content that defames any person, group, or organization;
- Content that is false or any malicious statements concerning any Board Director, employee, PWD, or its operations;
- Disclosure of any proprietary, confidential, or privileged information;
- Repeated postings of inappropriate or inflammatory material;
- Statements in support of or opposition to political campaigns, candidates, or ballot measures
PWD’s official social media pages are provided as a public service. PWD disclaims liability for ads, videos, promoted content, or messages accessible from any external web page.
Any litigation regarding PWD’s actions, content, or information on any official social media page shall be filed in the County of Los Angeles, regardless of where else venue may lie.
PWD disclaims any liability for any loss or damage resulting from any comments posted on the official social media pages.
No comments or posts on social media pages will be interpreted as providing notice to PWD of any claim, deficiency, dangerous condition, request, or otherwise. PWD is not responsible for, and neither endorses nor opposes, comments or posts placed on the official social media pages.